Re: spamassassin server load

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:54:37PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> The system administrator at my university is somewhat unwilling to
> install spamassassin due to the server load. My thought is that the
> server load will not be too high if one uses spamc/spamd with a
> threshold message size set appropriately. Is this correct?

Has the admin considered using spamc/spamd, but not having system wide
filtering (each user has to enable it in their .procmailrc or similar).
Depending on how many people want to use it, that might be a good
compromise.  As an aside, our admins at work just installed SA using
spamc/spamd on our mail server, and they are reasonably careful with
resource hogging apps.  What could be the harm of trialing it with a few
selected users first to see how it goes?

- Chris