Re: Installation

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:02:29AM +0200, twan janssen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to install debian as a server at my home.
> Now my motherbord only supports harddisks up to 8,4gb.

As long as you can boot, this doesn't matter, even if the BIOS thinks
your HD is the wrong size. Once Debian boots, it'll override the BIOS
and work the size out correctly for itself.

You might have to watch out for the 1024-cylinder problem though - see
lilo docs for details.

If your BIOS won't let you boot from the HD, you could always make a
boot floppy and use that to start Debian. Once again, when Debian
boots, it'll work correctly with your HD.

> Is there an option like in windows (diskmanagement) that debian recognizes,
> a harddisk thats bigger?

No option, it just does it automatically.

> I am starting whit one harddisk, is it possible that in a later statement I
> can put an extra one in?

Yes.

--
Pigeon