cryptoapi

Dear All,

I'd like to install an encrypted filesystem on one partition. I've been reading up on Cryptoapi and that sounds like just what I need. Unfortunately, the scant documentation explaining how to install it from source seems complicated and incomplete.

But good news - I see that Debian Unstable has what appears to be the correct packages. If I'm not mistaken, this should be all I need:

  cryptoapi-core-source_0.1.0-2_all.deb
  cryptoloop-source_0.0.0+0.0.1-pre1-6_all.deb
  kernel-patch-scripts_0.99.22_all.deb
  cloop-utils_0.68-4_i386.deb

I installed the first three - I'll leave cloop-utils (the utilities) until later once I get a working cryptoloop module. The thing is, "modprobe cryptoloop" doesn't yet do anything. Do I need to recompile the kernel to make this module? Do I have all the packages I need to install, or is there something else I'm missing?

Problem is that I have practically documentation. If anyone knows that I have to do to kickstart this thing, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know, as I'm pretty clueless. All I've done is installed the packages with "dpkg -i" - from here, I don't know what to do next.

TIA,
Robert