Optimizing for DVD Playback

Hey guys,

Im trying to get my system to perform better during DVD playback because
im only getting about 13-15fps standard. I was wondering if anyone would
know of some good optimization tricks.  Right now im using Ogle player
(Mplayer takes up too many resources) with the encrypted DVD libs,
binary nvida drivers, and ALSA 0.9 (libcss etc) on Unstable with kernel
2.4.20-1-k7.  My system is an 850 Duron (I think this is my main
problem) with 384mb of RAM and a Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM drive.  Are they're
any other dvd libs i could try or an experimental MPEG2 decoder (closed
source or not), anythting that may get performance up to 24-30fps?

TIA for any help