deskmenu: config to activate by keystroke

Based on a recommendation from the xfce-devel list, I just installed the
package 'deskmenu'. It mentions in the documentation that if you specify
a keycode=<key sequence>, it will launch the deskmenu. It also mentions
something very vague at the top about keylaunch. I've tried:

   * altering the .deskmenurc to include 'keycode=' with a variety of
     key combinations

   * running the above both with and without keylaunch running

and I can't get it to launch on a keystroke. Anybody have this working?

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net