Re: Laptop, DHCP & Co

On 13 May 2003 17:54:31 +0200
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> to supersede ifscout.  In the process, the "physical interface
> group" feature and the "search sequence" feature are being
> abandoned.  If either of these is important to you, let me know,

I use four different network setups:

1. Integrated wired NIC
2. PCMCIA wired NIC
3. PCMCIA wireless without WEP (for public networks)
4. PCMCIA wireless with WEP (for private networks)

If "physical interface group" means telling the difference between
integrated or PCMCIA NIC, or between wired and wireless access, it's
important to me.

I accept that I need to come up with my own way of dealing with WEP and
non-WEP wireless.

Kevin