Re: Fingerprinting motherboards

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:09:47AM +1000, David Cureton wrote:
> No biggie there. However I was just wondering on what peoples thoughts are on
> the best way to fingerprinting a motherboard so I know which PCI mapping file
> I should install.

<shrug> Has it got a NIC in it?  There's your fingerprint... the MAC.  You
control the boxen, so while I suppose someone could make the box lie about
it, that problem shouldn't come up.

--
 Marc Wilson |     If we see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's
 msw@cox.net |     the light of an oncoming train.  -- Robert Lowell