Re: vfat to ext2/3 conversion...

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 05:33:38PM +0200, Josh wrote:

> i have some hdd using vfat fs.
> since i'm no longer using windows, is there a way to convert this vfat
> fs to ext2 or ext3 without loosing data ?

Only way I'm aware of is to copy the data from the vfat partition to
another partition (ext2 or whatever) then recreate the original parition
as your desired ext2 or ext3 and move the date back.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar