Re: Unsollicited video screen always on top

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 15:41, nate wrote:
> Alexis Bunel said:
> >
> > I have a problem with my server X. The video output always stays on top,
> > whatever program I might use (xine, mplayer, other...). For example, with
> > Xine, I can't view my right-click menu.
>
> this is normal, the video playback program is writing directly to
> the framebuffer of the videocard. this improves performance probably
> 50-100x. but also acts screwy when stuff is tried to be viewed on

Well, I suspect it is not. What's happening is that the Xv extension
is being used, which provides hardware-based scaling and YUV to RGB
colour space conversion.  I have an ATI Radeon 7500 and I see the same
problem when the Xv extension is being used.

I think this may be a bug in the Xv part of the radeon driver. Does
anyone on the list using Nvidia or Matrox and the Xv extension have the
same problem?

--
Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca>