Re: got dma working with hdpram

jeremy Petzold wrote:

this is what is in my hwtools file:

# hdparm optimization
# Switches on interrupts during transfers and does multi sector transfers
if command -v hdparm >/dev/null 2>&1; then
#   hdparm -q [PUT ARGS HERE]
  true
fi

what do I need to uncoment? and do all I need to do is insert hdparm -d1-c1 /dev/hdc ? if so where?

also I would like to get it working for hda so where would I put that statement?

Change the above section so it looks like this:

# hdparm optimization
# Switches on interrupts during transfers and does multi sector transfers
if command -v hdparm >/dev/null 2>&1; then
  hdparm -q -d1 -c1 /dev/hdc
  hdparm -q -d1 -c1 /dev/hda
  true
fi

However, run these commands manually first, so that if something goes wrong with the command, you won't wind up in a reboot/lockup/whatever loop.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)