Re: Why are so many people using font servers?

Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> wrote:

RW> On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 06:47:20PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

>> Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> wrote:
>> I was under the impression that xfs is still needed whereas the
>> truetype font server xfstt is superfluous as of XFree86 version
>> 4.x.

RW> To do what?  If you add FontPath entries to your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4,
RW> then X can see the fonts directly...

I see. Then I suppose that the comment

  # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these

  [ ..fontpaths follow..]

that by default is included in XF86Config-4 is misleading?

Morten

--
"I don't like money actually, but it quiets my nerves." (Joe Louis)