Re: Howto write a debian CD

On Sat, 10 May 2003 18:44, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got normal cd writing (for data cdroms) working.
> However, something is going wrong when I try to burn
> debian cd's.
>
> I got 3 of the cd images completely installed (using
> jigdo) but I'm not sure about how to burn them on a
> cd.

If you downloaded the jigdo images you already have them as iso's.
So you only have to burn them using cdrecord.

cdrecord -v dev=yourdevice speed=yourspeed -eject your-debian-iso.

You only need the -blank option if you are burning on to rw cds
I suggest using the -v (verbose) option and -eject so the cdr will mount
properly for checking after the burn.

Also, you did check the md5sum of the iso's after downloading them didn't you?

HTH
Bob Parker