Howto write a debian CD

Hello everybody,

I've got normal cd writing (for data cdroms) working.
However, something is going wrong when I try to burn
debian cd's.

I got 3 of the cd images completely installed (using
jigdo) but I'm not sure about how to burn them on a
cd.

For a normal cd I use:
  mkisofs  -r   -o cd_image   [dir]/
  cdrecord speed=0 blank=fast dev=0,1,0  -data
cd_image

So I first tried
  cdrecord speed=0 blank=fast dev=0,1,0 -data
binary-i386-1.iso

However, this results in errors & weird behavior;
Then I found, I need the following (somewhere on the
debian site, I don't know the exact URL)
  nice --18 cdrecord -eject -v speed=0 dev=0,1,0 -data
-pad binary-i386-1.iso

I don't know what this all means - but it isn't
working as it should either - when I try to install
Debian using this cd, I get an error when installing
iptables:

file:/instmnt/pool/main/i/iptaables/iptables_1.2.6a-5_i386.deb
was corrupt

How come a file is corrupt if I use the recommended cd
writing method ??

Thanks for any help,

Joris