Snort memory consumption.

Hi,

I'm running Snort on all my servers and have noticed it's consuming vast
amounts of memory.
Not all machines have lots of memory in either so it's sucking the
resources a fair amount.

My questions are:
1. Am I right in thinking, if I run Snort on just ONE server, telling it
the IP range to listen on and using it's promisc mode, I can monitor
everything? Rather than having Snort on each machine, listening on it's
IP address.

2. If the above is not possible, how can I give back some memory from
Snort (config. options I can turn off etc.)

Thanks and regards,
David.
--
 .''`.     David Ramsden <david@hexstream.eu.org>