Re: Spamassassin PerMsgStatus errors

On Friday 09 May 2003 07:02 am, Cam Ellison wrote:
> Spamassassin (spamd) continues to apparently skip tests and it issues
> "...Maybe you forgot to load Mail::Spamassassin::PerMsgStatus..."
> messages.  There is little to be found in Google, though it suggests
> that all the .cf files should be in one directory.  They are all in
> /usr/share/spamassassin, with the exception of spamassassin.cf, which
> is in /etc/spamassassin.  Still I get these messages.

Did you do an apt-get upgrade recently?
I did and got thousands of those errors and it turned out to be user error
on my part as usual.  There should be 2 files in /etc/spamassassin

Read this:

This is what the maintainer said:
You must have missed the debconf note (of priority high) that asked if
you would like to delete the files in /etc/spamassassin. The
default configuration files are moved to /usr/share/spamassassin to
avoid problems when rewritten on upgrade. You should delete all files in
/etc/spamassassin except local.cf and user_prefs.template, unless
you've made changes.

After I made those changes, all returned to normal.

Hope this helps your problem.

Andy