Re: squirrelmail pointing to inobvious config option

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 08:09:49PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:55:16PM +0100, Randy Orrison wrote:
| > conf.pl is /etc/squirrelmail/conf.pl -- the squirrelmail configuration
| > program.  Run it (as root) and look for an option that gives you the choice
| > between SASL PLAIN and login.  It's in there somewhere: I had the same
| > problem after a recent upgrade.
|
| Still not finding it...just browed through conf.pl for quite some time...

Choice 2 (Server Settings) at the top level, then A (Update IMAP Settings),
then 6 (Authentication type).  Say "n" to auto-detect, and then enter
"login" at the next prompt.  Back to the menu, choose S to save and Q to
quit.  That should do it -- at least it did for me.  (The Update IMAP
Settings bit is the non-obvious part.)

Randy