Unstable debian box

I am trying to get my linux box to be more stable and to stay up for long periods without crashing. I first used linux about five years ago (i think i used debian 2.2 or maybe it was an earlier release - 2.0? 1.something?). The nice thing about it compared to my windows install at the time was that i could get linux to stay up for months and months without ever needing a reboot. My present install will tend to crash every couple of days and I would like to track down the problem.

I have installed Debian 3.0r0 Official release for i386 (woody) on my pc and I am using XFree with the KDE desktop. I have only installed files from the 3.0r0 release that came on my cd and not anything from the latest stable files.

Can anyone tell me about the stability of their installs and which debian versions they are using? I would be particularly interested to hear from someone running the same version as me who has got a very stable box as i suspect that my troubles may be due to a slightly wobbly graphics card (pushing it in its slot more firmly reduced the frequency of crashes).

Any suggestions as to how i can track down the offending software which is causing my computer to crash? Looking at the end of the last three syslog files for entries just prior to the crash i see:

May 6 07:30:01 rupertsmith anacron[24532]: Anacron 2.3 started on 2003-05-06 May 6 07:30:01 rupertsmith anacron[24532]: Will run job `cron.daily' in 5 min. May 6 07:30:01 rupertsmith anacron[24532]: Jobs will be executed sequentially
May  6 07:35:01 rupertsmith anacron[24532]: Job `cron.daily' started
May 6 07:35:01 rupertsmith anacron[24536]: Updated timestamp for job `cron.daily' to 2003-05-06 May 6 07:41:23 rupertsmith texpire[24687]: no server declaration in config file

texpire is the last entry in all three so it may be to blame but i don't think so. anyone else having similar crashes during their cron.daily run?

 rupert smith