Re: replacement for xv?

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 21:30, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:22:09AM +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> > is there anything out there, supported by normal packages, that is by
> > any means as lightweight and powerful as xv?
>
> You could always continue to use xv, you know.  It's not like the Potato
> package will suddenly become uninstallable (well it will when xlib6g
> finally disappears, of course).
>
> It's also not all that hard to maintain the xv package locally yourself.

You mean backporting (or forwardporting, as it may be) the the xv
deb-src?

Note that http://www.apt-get.org has unofficial sources of xv debs.

> Yes, I like xv, and yes, most of the alternatives to it make me insane... ^_^

It sure is nice.  For viewing, gqview is also very good.

> --
>  Marc Wilson |     An optimist is a man who looks forward to marriage.
>  msw@cox.net |     A pessimist is a married optimist.

Hey, be nice; I love being married.  It's home ownership that makes me
a pessimist...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |