Re: SCSI Install Troubles (was: No Subject)

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:20:12AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 02:52:43PM -0000, woodland@a1above.net wrote:
> > I have just gotten a hold of a set of Debian 3.0 install disks.
> > It doesn't seem to be able to see my SCSI ahrd drive. Is there
> > something that I forgot to do? Whats the trick?
>
> First, assign a descriptive subject.
>
> Second, what SCSI controller do you have?  What have you tried (the
> steps)?

Have you tried booting with the "compat" kernel? (I think that's the
correct spelling; hit F1 (or is it F3?) at the install CD's boot:
prompt for a list)

The default installation kernel seems to lack support for SCSI
adaptors, but "compat" supports at least the common ones.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons