Re: How to burn a vcd with dvdrip?

Hi Paul,

> >   I am using dvdrip and wonder how to burn a vcd? On the burn tab only
> avi
> > files are available and on the transcode page is only avi  is available
> as
> > taget format. There is also ogg and (s)vcd, but there are both greyed
> out.
> Go get vcdimager or vcdtools to enable such functionality.

I've both packages installed. What else is there to do? I tried the
man-pages of vcdimager to run it by hand, but I get the feeling it expects a mpeg
file.

> Out of
> curiosity, how did you get dvdrip to work?
What do you mean? I heard of the package, found a repository on apt-get.org,
apt-get installed it and I believe that was it already... Does that answer
your question?

> > ps. Any idea what the difference between an svcd and a vcd is?
>
> 20 minutes of DVD quality video per disc versus about an hour of
> almost DVD quality video per disc.

20 minutes is vcd and 60 minutes is svcd? Are **usually** both formats
supported by the hardware players? Is there any reason to go for vcd then or is it
just legacy?

Mariano