Re: Form access over a LAN

Marc Shapiro wrote:

I just added a third compuer to my LAN. I previously had only two computers set up with a crossover cable and the primary computer was the one with the modem. Everything worked just fine. Now, I have a third computer and they are all connected through a 5 port switch. The modem is still in the old P166, but I am primarily using the Athlon 2000+ (you can guess why). Most web page access works fine. My wife has answered questionaires using forms without trouble. When I try to access my bank account, or credit card accounts, however, it just sits there and does nothing when I enter my usrname and password. I don't gt errors. I don't get 404 messages. No "Your name and, or password are not on file" type messages. Nothing. It just acts as if the button was a dummy that does not actually do anything.

Starting with the most obvious, and therefore the most likely to be overlooked: do you have Java/Javascript enabled?

--
Kent