Form access over a LAN

This is not Debian specific, so if there is a better place for me to post this, just let me know.

I just added a third compuer to my LAN. I previously had only two computers set up with a crossover cable and the primary computer was the one with the modem. Everything worked just fine. Now, I have a third computer and they are all connected through a 5 port switch. The modem is still in the old P166, but I am primarily using the Athlon 2000+ (you can guess why). Most web page access works fine. My wife has answered questionaires using forms without trouble. When I try to access my bank account, or credit card accounts, however, it just sits there and does nothing when I enter my usrname and password. I don't gt errors. I don't get 404 messages. No "Your name and, or password are not on file" type messages. Nothing. It just acts as if the button was a dummy that does not actually do anything.

Does this have something to do with th fact that the box is connected through a LAN and not a direct connection? If so, how do I correct this. I really hate having to hook the laptop up and dial in on it to deal with financial matters. (The laptop is not much faster than my old desktop, and it is running Windoze -- for classwork.)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc Shapiro