Re: hints on SMC network cards

Vineet Kumar wrote:

What other cards would be a good choice? Intel is often recommended, but which driver do they use?

Intel NICs are usually eepro100's.  The eepro100 driver works fine for
them.  Intel also recently put out their own drivers, e100 and e1000.
Both the intel and linux drivers seem to work fine in my experience;
I can't give hard data on whether one works better than the other.

THX, then I´ll consider Intel, SMC and at least 3com and see what our supplier can offer and what they recommend. If anything fails, I can always fallback to 3com :)

GH