Re: vncserver

At 01:00 PM 5/8/2003 -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2003 11:35:18 -0400
Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:

> Some things you have to do yourself.  I don't believe many, if any,
> packages create your $HOME config files.

Au, contraire!

While it's true that we must do some things ourselves, most of my $HOME
config directories/files were created either when packages were installed or
when I ran the applications.

Yes, actually running the app should create the directory. But installing it shouldn't and I've never seen it. Any hidden dirs in my $HOME are from apps I've run. Why possibly clutter up a user's dir with application dirs for something, or many things, they may never run ??

In the original poster's message, as I recall, VNC complained about not finding a .vnc directory. I would think that part of it's startup is to check for existence of ~/.vnc and if it doesn't exist, create it.

Hall