Gnutriton problems

I'm trying to get Gnutrition set up on a testing machine. I'm tantalizingly
close, but it looks like I need a little help.

I'm able to add items to the daily list, but when I try to calculate total
intek, I get an assertion error message to the effect that a variable
called list_goal is not set. I've poked around abit trying to figure out
where to set this. I would think it would be under preferences, but when I
try to go there I get another asertion about "list" being undefined.

What am I doing wrong?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin