Re: Mutt: kill sig and character support

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:31:41AM -0700, moseley@hank.org wrote:
> Two Mutt questions:
>
> 1) I'm using Nano as my editor.  Is there a way to tell Nano to trim the
> signature when replying, or is the best way the awk script in the Mutt
> faq?[1]

Hah, I've never seen that URL, I'll have to have a look.  I use vim to
edit my mail (and emacs for code, funnily enough) and have this
keybinding:

map ^D 1G/^> -- $<CR>d/^-- $<CR>i<CR><CR><ESC>kkj

I hit ctrl-d and it scans through and deletes the signature from the
person I'm replying to.  Works quite nicely for me :)

Oh, and another one I find useful:

map ^A d/^-- $<CR>i<CR><CR><CR><ESC>kk

Which deletes from the current point down to the beginning of my
signature :)

Emacs can obviously do something similar very easily.  Since nano is
sepecifically designed to be a very simple editor, I doubt it has the
hackability to do something similar, so using awk on the message before
passing it through would be your best bet.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?