Re: how to reach to windows machines

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:52:48PM +0300, Oguz Altun wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I want to reach to the shared folders of windows
> machines on this windows network, my machine being
> debian/unstable.
>
> Should I install samba? is there any way to achieve
> it without samba?

You need Samba, but there are many nice front-ends to make it more
user-friendly. I tested a few and the one I liked most was komba2.
Exploring a "network neighborhood" and mounting shares is very easy out
of the box, and if you want you can get all the control you can expect
from a Linux application.