Question on External USB 2.0 hard drive enclosures.

I'm rather bored with the whole process of having to shut the machine off
to put a hard drive in it to copy data off the workstation, and would like
to put a 120 or so gig drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure.

Anyone have some recommendations on who to buy and who to avoid?

I've done a little looking at newegg, and for about 45-50 dollars there's
a few available, but that doesn't tell me how cooling is, how performance
is, and how compatibe it is.

I assume these should work just fine with a 2.4.20 kernel, I should be
able to mount /dev/usb/something?

<*>   USB Mass Storage support

[ ]     Freecom USB/ATAPI Bridge support
[ ]     ISD-200 USB/ATA Bridge support

oh, and probably one of those I would assume(trial and error?)

Mike