Re: galeon mail handler

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 23:32, Scott Henson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 01:32, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:49:47PM -0400, Scott Henson (debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org) wrote:

> > > While in gnome, go to Applications menu, then to Desktop Preferences
> > > then Advanced and finally file types and programs.  At this point go to
> > > Internet Services.  You should find a mailto service in there.  Stick
> > > your favorate MUA in there and galeon should be happy.

I looked for that some time ago (and again just now), and have no mailto
service listed. Where's this supposed to come from?

Anyway, I got around that by modifying the gconf key apps/galeon/mailer

	evolution-1.3 mailto:"%t?subject=%s";

and unchecking apps/galeon/gnome_mailer.  I'm sure this can be adapted
to some other mailer.

> > ..and for those of us who don't run Gnome bu tuse a few gnome apps (galeon, notably), what's the actual app that's doing this config?
> >
> > I've tried editing ~/.gnome/Gnome directly, but am missing something.
> Ummm, fire up gconf-editor? or maybe you could take your favorite editor
> on a fun filled trip though ~/.gconf? Specifically,
> ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/
> Though I wouldnt really recommend that path, but then again if your
> running galeon 1.3.x in a non-gnome environment you might like that
> kinda thing.  Really galeon 1.3 loses all of its advantages when your
> not running gnome... but thats just my opinion on how heavy galeon has
> gotten.
>

> --
> Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>
--