Re: TCP version on the default installation of Debian

    "Indika" == Indika Piyasena <ipiyasena@crg.ee.uct.ac.za> writes:

    Indika> Hello, I?ve been doing some TCP traces (using tcptrace)
    Indika> and noticed that SACKS (Selective Acknowledgments) are
    Indika> being sent. I want to confirm that the TCP version that
    Indika> I?m running is TCP-SACK. How do I check what version of
    Indika> TCP is running?

The recent kernels (I am running 2.4.18) certainly do support
SACK. For example

$ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
1
$

Look for more clues in

/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.4.18/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt.gz

before diving into the code ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal