Re: eval vs. exec

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 07:50:45PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Christian Jaeger wrote:
> > Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > > ssh-add $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa </dev/null
>
> Hmm... Don't you think you should put a passphrase on your key?  Not
> having an encrypted key really lowers the security level.  And with
> ssh-agent running you only have to authenticate once per session.
> That is hardly a burden.

sudo apt-get install ssh-askpass
ssh-add < /dev/null

If you have the ssh-askpass package installed (or ssh-askpass-gnome), if
ssh-add senses that STDIN is not a terminal (and there may be other
criteria, like $DISPLAY. I'm not sure) it will launch a cute little
X-app that asks you for your password.  This lets you run ssh-add from
places you normally wouldn't be able to (like a .fvwmrc).  When you log
in, you get a nice popup that asks you for your password, and you go on
with your life.

-ben

--
Ben Hartshorne