Re: Asus a7n8x motherboard

* Ben Hartshorne (debian_user@green.hartshorne.net) wrote:
<snip>
> I've actually found a page talking about how to get the a7n8x working
> with linux, but the guy's got RPM on the brain.  I tried to work around
> it, but I'm just failing miserably.

I have the same board, and at one point had things working, though at
the moment, most things segfault.  If alsamixer will run for you, be
sure to set the master volume control.  It defaults to 0.

> Part of the problem is that I also have a wireless PCI card to get my
> net.  It works beautifully with the linux-wlan-ng-modules-2.4.20-1-k7
> pagkage, but I can't get it working with a homebrewed kernel.

I presume it has its own driver.  You may want to look at the config
files for both kernels, to ensure that you have the right driver.
Don't use the nvnet driver -- it's useful (even that's doubtful) only
for the built-in port.  If you have the rght driver, then you should
ensure that you have a file in /etc/modutils that identifies it and
will insert the module (if that's how you have it set up).

Good luck

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.