Re: Help with netsol ripoff?

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 06:47:46PM -0400, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
> Can someone give me some advice on how to renew an expired domain name at
> Network Solutions?
>
> I'm trying to help a friend renew a domain name.  The domain has been
> expired for a little over a month.  My friend is still listed in the whois
> record as being the owner of the domain, but the status is listed as
> "REDEMPTIONPERIOD". She wasn't able to renew it right away when the domain
> expired.

Sympathies.

Same thing happened to me, almost 4 years ago. I still haven't gotten my
domain back.

> Is there anything she can do?

Become an activist, lobby Congress for regulatory reform that would take
the administration of dns away from the ICANN sham and abuse-proof it.

> after we realized what a bunch of scam artists network solutions are.

I am not sure "scam artists" is what I'd call Verisign/NetSol. A clumsy,
arrogant Mafia would be more on target in my book.

  Regards,
    Soren Andersen

--
GnuPG public key fingerprint:  BD26 A5D8 D781 C96B 9936  310F 0573 A3D9 4E24 4EA6