Re: Getting CTRL-ALT-DEL to work

On Sun, 4 May 2003 15:23:22 -0400
Kevin McKinley <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> X interprets keystrokes differently than a non-X console; that's why you
> need to use <ctrl><alt><F?> to change consoles from X, instead of just
> <alt><F?>. I suspect that's what's going on with three-finger salutes.

NOW I read the shutdown man page: <g>

"Init  can only capture CTRL-ALT-DEL and start shutdown in console mode.
If the system is running the X window System, the  X  server  processes
all  key  strokes.  Some  X11  environments make it possible to capture
CTRL-ALT-DEL, but what exactly is done with that event depends on  that
environment."

Kevin