Question about email services

Dear Debian Users,

With so many packages, it's hard to find things! I need some help.

Can someone suggest an email server that will accept smtp, serve pop3,
but do it for users who are not users on the system itself?

Webmail would be nice too, but I don't want to ask too much at one time.

There is a commercial product called Imail, from Ipswitch.com that would
do the job nicely, but it doesn't run on Linux. I don't want to have to
administer a WinNT box for just one application. And there is the
problem that the hardware would have to be twice as expensive as the
same throughput using Debian Linux.

Being able to turn off the GUI makes "obsolete" hardware run services
very well indeed.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Curt-

--
"Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
 Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.