Re: Question about email services

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 03:38:01PM -0700, Curt Howland wrote:
> Dear Debian Users,
>
> With so many packages, it's hard to find things! I need some help.
>
> Can someone suggest an email server that will accept smtp, serve pop3,
> but do it for users who are not users on the system itself?

I presume this requirement is because you don't want people logging in
to your email server?  Why not just set the email users shell to
/bin/false preventing them from logging in?  Then you can pick and
choose whatever MDA and POP3 server you like?  You might need to add
/bin/false to /etc/shells first.

<snipped rest, not my area of expertise>

- Chris