Re: Intel i810 sound?

Hello to everyone.

On my IBM Thinkpad 21e, I found out that by adding the following three
lines in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh:

/sbin/insmod soundcore
/sbin/insmod ac97_codec
/sbin/insmod i810_audio

I have sound on KDE 3.1.1a. I am running Debian Woody.
My /etc/modules file does not include the i810_audio module.

cheers,
Mihalis.

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Johann Spies wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:54:13 +0200
> From: Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Intel i810 sound?
>
> I am installing debian (woody) on a new pc with Intel 845 motherboard.
>
> I have used the XFree 4.3 packages for woody with the 2.4.20 kernel to
> get X working.
>
> lsmod shows that the i810_audio module is installed but when I do
> something like saytime or saydate I get
>
> sox: Can't open output file '/dev/audio': Device or resource busy
>
> I have added the user to the group "audio".  At one stage I actually
> had some sound but it was very soft.
>
> The alsa-modules for the 2.4.20 kernel are not available for woody.  I
> have thought about building woody alsa packages from the unstable
> sources but there are too many dependency problems.
>
> Is there a way to get proper sound for this setup on Woody?
>
> Regards.
> Johann
> --
> Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036
> Informasietegnologie, Universiteit van Stellenbosch
>
>      "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly
>       above all that we ask or think, according to the power
>       that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by
>       Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
>       Amen."          Ephesians 3:20,21

-----
:wq