Re: Mixed testing/unstable: make unstable packages wait for testing?

>> Currently, unstable packages are updated from unstable when I do
>> apt-get dist-upgrade.  Is it possible to make some packages wait
>> until suitable upgrades arrives into testing instead?

> Yes, by using pin-priority.

> $cat /etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 990

> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 90

Thanx!

I'm reading the man page apt_preferences(5), and I'm guessing that the
choices of pin-priority means:

 "Upgrade all packages from testing (the choice of pin-priority 990).
  Only upgrade installed packages from unstable, if no version of the
  package exists in testing (the choice of pin-priority 90)"

Is this assumption correct?

Hm... if so, what will the settings be if I wish to stabelize the
system towards the next stable release?  Something like this, perhaps?

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 990

Package: *