Re: Lost my network

OK, it now appears that this alone is not the problem (sorry, but it takes me a
while to act upon the information I get).

I built a new kernel with the aforementioned options turned on, but I still do
not have the network working.  There are two problems here.

First, a simple one: How do I access the messages related to this?  I see a
message during boot, but it scrolls by too quickly most of the time for me to
read.  I cannot find the message anywhere in the logs (/var/log/) or with dmesg.

Second, I was able to see the message briefly, and the error is that there is no
such device as eth0.  Could there be more kernel problems?  A config issue?  How
do I get to a point where I can even analyze what the issue is?  I'd send you
information, but I don't know or know how to get it myself.

Thanx,
msd