Re: Removing a user

Dave Selby wrote:

I need to cleanly remove a user from my system, I can remove him by
going into KDE system>user manager but he still exists in /home/....

can I just

rm -rf /home/user

Or am I asking for trouble ? Seems a bit brutal to me !

Dave

Many thanks to you guys ... /etc/deluser.conf was spot on ...

I tried the backup = "1" option and killed the user via KDE, it deleted the user but did not generate a backup. I assume this is because the current "working directory" is unclear
when KDE is running ?

Dave