Re: next debian stable ?

On Thu, 1 May 2003 03:34:34 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> That might not be the case.  There's been rumors the last few days
> that Debian may pull i386 in favor of i486 thanks to GCC, Debian
> Weekly News isn't denying it, either.  Hope nobody was looking on
> putting sarge on an i80386.
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2003/17/

Debian isn't pulling i386 -- no way that'll happening. What they're doing is
using utilities/libraries that won't support 386 processors. Yes, that will
be a shame for people still using 80386 machines. It won't affect people
using 80486 or higher.

> So what if Sarge doesn't have a 2.2 install option?  Isn't that why we
> have this?  Up until woody came out, the website still had
> installation images for bo...
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

C'mon Paul -- I *know* I remember you advising someone still running Potato
to upgrade to Woody. The same logic applies to keeping Woody after Sarge is
out (except for those unfortunate souls still using 80386s).

Kevin

Kevin