Re: mgetty replaces getty?

Drew Roedersheimer <roedersh@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>BTW, I would only change a couple of those lines to your new
>getty until you're sure everything is working ok...  Also note
>that a different getty may take different arguments than the
>standard /sbin/getty - take a look at the man page for your
>new getty.

Good advice, particularly since I only have one voice modem on this system
(my home computer).

The rest of your advice is also good, and I thank you.

Question to all:  is the installation of mgetty flawed, in that it doesn't
actually *start* any mgetty's?  Would it be worth filing a bug?
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum