Hard disk won't spin down; what's accessing it?

I have my laptop's hard drive spindown timeout (hdparm -S) set to two minutes, but the hard drive never spins down. I figure this is because there's some process hitting it more often than every two minutes.

But I can't figure out what process is responsible for this. It's not the system logs; those aren't being written to that often.

How do I find out what process is making disk accesses and keeping it from spinning down?

 ____    |\/|                 Brian Kendig   Set your priorities right.
 \  /\   / ..__.    brian at enchanter net   No one ever said on his
  \/  \__\   _/   http://www.enchanter.net/  death bed, "Gee, if I'd
   \__   __  \_      Be insatiably curious.  only spent more time at
      \____\___\           Ask "why" a lot.  the office."