files > 2G puzzle.

I'm trying to test Ghost 4 Unix (g4u). So I have an older Debian machine
(actully Progeny) taht I routinely send backup files > 2G to over NFS. But
when I tried to ftp a file > 2G to it it failed at the 2G limt.

Thinking it was a problem with the older ftpd, I just built a new "testing"
machine to test with. I made the filesystem reiserfs, which is what I'm
using on the other machine. But I'm unable to crate a file > 2G on it.

What am I doing wrong? It's been over a year since I set the other one up,
so it looks like I've forgoten something important here.

I looked at linuxdoc, but did not see anything apropriate on this.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin