k3b: autodetection of empty cd does not work

Hi,

I have installed k3b from unstable. Everything works fine apart from
detecting, if there is a writable CD in drive /dev/sd0 . I must always force
writing, but I want that k3b detects and starts writing the CD automatically.
As root- user the detection works. I tried writing different kind of CDs,
also CD-RW. Could there be a permission problem? /dev/scd0 is owned by root
and group cdrom, both have permission to read and write on the device. I work
as a user, who belongs to group cdrom, so this could not be the problem.
Has anyone an idea?

Marc