newbie question about inn.conf and cron job.

Hi, I recently installed Debian 3.0 on a home workstation (usually, but not constantly connected to the Internet). All day long, I get system "mail" like this:

From news@hal Wed Apr 30 12:10:02 2003
From: root@hal (Cron Daemon)
To: news@hal
Subject: Cron <news@hal> test -x /usr/bin/rnews && rnews -U
Sender: CronDaemon <news@hal>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:10:02 -0500

Hostname does not resolve or 'domain' in inn.conf is missing

Well, I checked inn.conf, and there is indeed no entry for "domain :" as shown:

##  $Id: inn.conf.in,v 1.41.2.1 2000/07/17 06:46:17 rra Exp $
##
##  inn.conf -- INN configuration data
##
##  Format:
##
##  Blank values are allowed for certain parameters.
##
##  See the inn.conf(5) man page for a full description of each of these
##  options.  This sample file is divided into two sections; first, there
##  are the parameters that must be set (or should be set in nearly all
##  cases), and then all parameters are given with their defaults for
##  reference in the same order and with the same organization as the
##  inn.conf(5) documentation.

# The following parameters are most likely to need setting, although the
# defaults generated by configure may be reasonable.

mta:                    /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem %s
organization:           A poorly-installed InterNetNews site
ovmethod:               tradindexed
pathhost:               unknown
pathnews:               /usr/lib/news

# General Settings

domain:
innflags:
mailcmd:                /usr/lib/news/bin/innmail
server:            localhost

<SNIP>

The system message I am getting seems to be generated by this file: /etc/cron.d/inn2 as shown:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/lib/news/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# Expire old news and overview entries nightly, generate reports.

15 4    * * *     news    news.daily expireover lowmark delayrm

# Refresh the cached IP addresses every day.

2 3    * * *    news    ctlinnd -t 300 -s reload incoming.conf "flush cache"

# Every hour, run an rnews -U. This is not only for UUCP sites, but
# also to process queud up articles put there by in.nnrpd in case
# innd wasn't accepting any articles.

10 *    * * *    news    test -x /usr/bin/rnews && rnews -U

# Enable this entry to send posted news back to your upstream provider.
# Not if you use innfeed, ofcourse.

#*/15 *    * * *    news    send-nntp news.myprovider.com

# Enable this if you want to send news by uucp to your provider.
# Also edit /etc/news/send-uucp.cf !

#22 *    * * *     news    send-uucp.pl

Okay, I really don't understand what this Internet news stuff is, and may not need it, since I am not a "constantly connected" part of the Interntet.
So . . .  should I
1)  edit inn.conf (to say what?)
2)  delete /etc/cron.d /inn2 (would it break something else?)
3)  do something else
4) do nothing (just periodically delete endless error messages like those listed above)

Please don't say "rtfm xxxx".  If I could, I would . . .

Thanks!

:-)