Re: Help! I broke it!

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 19:27, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> OK, call me a moron.  Go ahead, get it over with.  Laugh a little at my
> expense.

actually, the same thing happened to everyone that upgraded today. but
i'll laugh at you anyway. "ha ha ha"

> I wanted to use some of the latest & greatest stuff.  So I set my
> sources.list to point to the unstable and testing areas, and merrily
> started upgrading.

and you picked a wonderful day for it, too.

> I was also getting errors on the "MENU" and "LIBSTDC++5" packages - but
> I can't get past that "DWWW" problem right now.

the problem is actually with the LIBSTDC++5 package.

downgrade libstdc++5:

wget
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-3.3/libstdc++5_3.3-0pre5_i386.deb

dpkg -i libstdc++5_3.3-0pre5_i386.deb

then do an apt-get -f install.  everything *should* just sort itself
out.

--
Fred Smith <fps@dividedsky.net>
Divided Sky Internet