Help! I broke it!

OK, call me a moron.  Go ahead, get it over with.  Laugh a little at my
expense.

I wanted to use some of the latest & greatest stuff.  So I set my
sources.list to point to the unstable and testing areas, and merrily
started upgrading.

Somewhere along the way - I broke something.  And I can't fix it.

The current hangup is the "DWWW" package.  Apt-get gives me an error -
the package is in a "very bad inconsistent state and should be
re-installed before removal".  But I can't install it, and I can't
remove it.

I was also getting errors on the "MENU" and "LIBSTDC++5" packages - but
I can't get past that "DWWW" problem right now.

Do I have a recovery option besides re-installing Woody from scratch?
I'd really rather not - and just be amazed once more at the resiliency
of the packaging system (I just managed to find a flaw in an otherwise
strong platform).

Daniel