Re: mkisofs with filenames > 64 characters

Jason Unrein said:
> any idea on the command line options for mkisofs for
> the joliet filename length of 255?  the only options
> that i can find for it are the -l and -J. both only go
> up to the 64 or so.
>
> thanks to you and Travis Crump for the -R option.  man
> pages need to be updated to include the max filename
> length on that option.

I usually use xcdroast to make ISO images, so I'm not very
famillar with the command line options :) but -R seems to
be the one. or -r

from the mkisofs manpage:

       -R     Generate  SUSP  and RR records using the Rock Ridge
              protocol to  further  describe  the  files  on  the
              iso9660 filesystem.

       -r     This  is like the -R option, but file ownership and
              modes are set to more useful values.  The  uid  and
              gid  are set to zero, because they are usually only
              useful on the author's system, and  not  useful  to
              the  client.   All the file read bits are set true,
              so that files and directories are globally readable
              on  the  client.   If  any execute bit is set for a
              file, set all of the execute bits, so that executa­
              bles are globally executable on the client.  If any
              search bit is set for a directory, set all  of  the
              search  bits,  so  that  directories  are  globally
             searchable on  the  client.   All  write  bits  are
              cleared,  because  the CD-Rom will be mounted read-
              only in any case.  If any of the special mode  bits
              are  set,  clear  them,  because file locks are not
              useful on a read-only file system, and set-id  bits
              are not desirable for uid 0 or gid 0.  When used on
              Win32, the execute bit is set on all files. This is
              a  result  of the lack of file permissions on Win32
              and the Cygwin POSIX  emulation  layer.   See  also
              -uid -gid, -dir-mode, -file-mode and -new-dir-mode.

nate