mkisofs with filenames > 64 characters

Anyone know if mkisofs can create an iso with
filenames >
64 characters.

  I know other programs can but I can't seem to find
anything that will let mkisofs do it.  Optimally, I
would
like to be able to create a cd that supports filenames

64 chars on linux and windows but I will be happy if i

can get >64 char support in either OS (linux is
obviously
the prefered).

I am also open to using other open source (aka free)
programs instead of mkisofs.  Its my last real hurdle
in
making a program that will generate iso images of a
large
number of files while optimizing the CD capacity